Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple ids? confused with what to do

I know this has probably been asked a bazillion times but with iCloud i'm hoping there is some change to the situation. Basically i have too many emails and i want to streamline my workflow.

First is my Gmail account which i've had for years, this was my original Apple ID with lots of purchases, this is also the account i use for the Mac AppStore.

Then a year a go i wanted the nice integration of contacts, calendar etc.. so i bought a MobileMe account. I started using this for my business email, this was the account i used for syncing my information too.

Then i decided i wanted a more professional email for my business with my proper domain instead of @me.com it's not very professional so now i'm using Office365 Outlook services for my business domain.

Ok so now i've moved over to iCloud and using the @me.com address for iMessage, Find my Friends, Facetime, etc etc..

In a perfect world i would transfer my purchases to @me.com account, use this for personal/apple stuff and then use my domain for business, ditching the gmail account. Is this possible?

What if i happened to lose my gmail account? what can Apple do to help me keep my purchases? or would i lose them all?

What if i used my gmail.com account to sign up to iCloud? will i have 2 icloud accounts? afaik icloud gives u @me account? so i would i end up with another @me account after using my gmail account?

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 7:38 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2011 7:56 AM in response to UpliftMike

Hi-

I am basically in the same situation.

Unfortunately you can't merge purchases with your MobileMe account. As best as I can figure out, MobileMe customers who had preexisting iTunes accounts now have to have 2 IDs. You have to go to a browser and transfer your MobileMe mail, contacts etc. to iCloud. The MobileMe ID becomes your iCloud ID and your iTunes ID stays. Unfortunately you cannot change your iTunes ID email to a me.com email either.

I found this support article yesterday:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

There have been a ton of complaints on this. Hopefully they will allow for merging of accounts soon. Or splitting I've read about families who have different individual purchases all under one ID.

Good Luck,

Todd

Multiple ids? confused with what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.