Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat cannot connect to AIM/Jabber when updated to 10.7.2

Hello all-

I upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 yesterday and immediately iChat cannot connect to AIM or Jabber (yet, curiously, it WILL connect to googlechat). I tried changing the port (when I checked the preferences, it was already on SSL port 443. I tried changing it to 5190 to see if that would do anything, but it didn't). I also tried deleting the plist file in Library/Preferences but there was no plist file present for ichat (which is weird????). I also doublechecked that the password in Keychain was showing up as the same in iChat (and it is).

I have 2 other friends who are having similar problems, one of whom I know is also unable to connect to Jabber/AIM. I can still login in to AIM on the website and when I use Adium instead (though I would like to use iChat so I can video chat with friends). It's annoying 😟 Anyone have any suggestions? Could this possibly be AIM/Jabber unprepared for the update and now there's a communication problem? Seems a little odd that I know two other people who immediately have had the same problem as me.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 8:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2011 3:40 PM in response to kemcmahon1

Hi,

Some people are saying that SSL needs turning Off.

It also seems that iChat has "Lost" the AIM SSL Login server (slogin.oscar.aol.com) which used to change automatically from login.oscar.aol.com when you selected SSL.

User uploaded file
11:40 PM Thursday; October 13, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

iChat cannot connect to AIM/Jabber when updated to 10.7.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.