The requirements seem confusing...
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access6
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.5 or later (free download fromwww.itunes.com/download)
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- iOS 5
- OS X Lion 10.7.2
- iTunes 10.5
- iPhoto’11 (version 9.2) or Aperture 3.2 (for Photo Stream)
Thanks for your reply. I bought my ipad2 so I didn't have to buy a new laptop at the moment. My only alternative is to update my ipad2 and iPhone on my friends iMac but my concern is that it won't then sync back to my iBook, I'm not concerned about wireless syncing at present but to have a two week only iPad already out of date seems a little unfair. The guys at the apple store reckon it should still sync back to my iBook but looking on the net from other users I'm a little concerned. Is anyone else having similar issues?
I upated iTunes to 10.5 & then upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPad2. When it was supposedly done, I got an error message that I need to Restore the iPad. Clicked on Restore & after a while got repeated error messages (errors 1611 & 2006). Tried numerous times. Looked at Apple's suggestions & tried one - to Restart my Mac. This time it worked & everything works. Have also interfaced to iCloud.
So try Restarting your Mac. If that doesn't work, reinstall iTunes 10.5.