8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 3:21 PM by deggie
allansasu Level 1 (0 points)

I just updated my iPad 2 to iOS 5 and the weather and stock widgets are not appearing in my notification center. I tried to look for them under the notificatns tab in the settings app to activate them (which I read in an unofficial article) but they're not there. Can anyone please help?

iPad, iOS 5.0
  • lori_diloreto Level 6 (17,000 points)

Unfortunately, the iPad does not come with these preinstalled Apple apps. You will not find them in the App store either.  i would love to have the weather app on my iPad 2 and have the weather show up in notifications, especially since i have the 3G activated on my iPad. maybe we might get it one day.

• lawrencef14 Level 1 (0 points)

It's weird, why aren't these apps on the iPad...I want to see stocks and weather in the notification center too!!!

• Tgara Level 4 (3,545 points)

Why have Apple choose these for you?  There are plenty of apps in the App Store that can do what you want, and many are free.  You have the ability to choose whichever apps you want for those functions.  More power to the people!!!

• Meg St._Clair Level 9 (50,977 points)

Tgara wrote:

There are plenty of apps in the App Store that can do what you want, and many are free. 

There are not currently (or at least I haven't found any) any weather apps that will appear in the Notifications Center the way the included app does on the iPhone. It's not a big deal for me but I can understand the people who want it.

• Landrix Level 1 (25 points)

Yes!!  If you (or anyone reading this) can point me to ANY app for iPad, in the AppStore, that has any kind of widget in e notification pull-down, please point it out to me!??

I can't find ANY that do.  I just joined as a developer, and a, still learning, but haven't found any information this yet via this approach, either.

• crally59 Level 1 (0 points)

i have tried at least 5 to 7 weather apps and 5 stocks apps and none of them allow you to stream data in the notification window.  if you know of some please share.

• Frogmom09 Level 1 (15 points)

I, too, just bought the new iPad.  I looked for the weather app and nothing.  I searched for a weather app that would show in my notification center and a number of them said they did but they really don't.  I really liked having the quick option of pulling down the shade and doing a quick check of stocks and temperature.  At least I still have the option on my iPhone.

• deggie Level 9 (52,739 points)

Looks like you have found an opportunity.