Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add badges for Reminders?

Reminders that don't have due dates doesn't show up in the notification center. So, I would at least like for it to have badges on there... But I went into notification options, but there is none... Does anyone know?

I was using gtasks before, but I might have to go back to it until there is some sort of way to know that I have reminders/tasks without due dates.

I'm on iOS 5 on the iPhone 4.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:05 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2011 6:23 PM in response to jlim22

It frustrates me, too. I stayed with an old free app called "To-Do Lists" because of its simplicity and nice features. Unfortunately, it is no longer in the app store, and I cannot back up online. It has an option to select which lists count their items as part of the icon badge, and has another option to display notes directly in the list beneath the item. With Apple's Reminders, you have to go through a couple of menus to get to an item's notes.

Add ability to Reminders to select which items (preferably also with choice to default entire list) are "badged", and ability to choose to display notes directly below an item, and the app would be perfect! IMHO.

Nov 14, 2011 6:39 PM in response to jlim22

Tell Apple about it here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

And I agree that it's extremely frustrating not to have a badge in Reminders. It's the only reason I don't use Reminders. I am not good about remembering to check the Notification Center. If a Reminder pops up when I'm not able to look at the phone, then goes away, I will never remember to look at the Notification Center to see the Reminder. Right now I'm using GTasks because it syncs with Google Tasks and has badges (it's not perfect either, though, because the badges don't appear until the app is opened; but it's better than nothing).

How do I add badges for Reminders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.