Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After merging MobileMe to iCloud I am left without being able to access all services

Before iOS5 I had two accounts with Apple

Kt@kt.net for iTunes. (this is the id name)

Kt@me.com for MobileMe

Last night I merged my MobileMe to iCloud using my MobileMe name kt@me.com

This address doesn't allow me to access support

It doesn't allow me to use tools such as Find my friends

When logging into kt@kt.net it asked me to add a MobileMe Address so I added kt@me.com

I am unable to verify the address as its used on the other one.

How can I a) keep my kt@me.com address b) ensure I keep all my data and c) merge the old account leaving me with just the one?

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:19 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2011 9:26 AM in response to Keith Tomlinson1

Amen. I don't understand why Apple won't let us just merge the two accounts. How hard could that be? And it would solve all these issues. I was rushing through iCloud setup last night (I have 3 iOs devices and 3 Macs) and I think I got confused on which account (MobileMe vs. iTunes) I should be using. I think I may have accidentally "locked myself out for 90 days" on at least one iOS device in the process. I can't tell. It's hard for me to keep track of. There must be some solution...

Oct 13, 2011 10:33 AM in response to Keith Tomlinson1

I am/was having the same problem. I ended up logging into my MobleMe/Apple ID account with iTunes and authorized my Mac to use the Apps/music. That's working great now, though I'm locked out of auto-sync and redownloading any purchese I've deleted for the next 90 days, but all is great with Wi-fi syncing! :-)

The problem I'm left with is not being able to access any of my MobileMe stuff. May iCal and book marks won't sync and I'm not sure if it's because I'm now using Lion or if it's actually MobileMe. To update any Calendars and have them sync to my iPhone, I have to go into iCloud.com. I'm still left without bookmarks though.

I'm not sure why they can't merge the two accounts, it's very frustrating for me and I'm sure thousands of other people!

After merging MobileMe to iCloud I am left without being able to access all services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.