Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 Music.app problems

The new iOS 5 Music app is laggish when I'm viewing albums in landscape view, the album artwork delays about 0.5 sec loading. Some delays on lockscreen music switching. I don't have that problem when I'm on 4.3.3.

Anyone got the same problem?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:07 AM

9 replies

Oct 13, 2011 9:56 AM in response to Begüm

My music app is locking up completely. Play button is on, but nothing happens... no sound, can't move through tracks, nada, nothing.

Seems this was a problem in the last few beta releases of iOS 5 as well. I heard that the following work around will work...

To Fix your Music in the Music App:
1) Plug your iDevice into iTunes
2) Under your devices music tab, de-select Sync Music -> Click on Sync (this should remove your itunes library from your iDevice
3) After completing step 2, go back to the music tab and re-select Sync Music -> then click on Sync
4) After completing step 3 your iTunes library should have returned to your iDevice
5) Try playing your music now from the music app. It should work.

To Fix Your Videos in the Videos App:
1) Plug your iDevice into iTunes
2) Under your devices Movies tab, de-select Sync Movies -> Click on Sync (this should remove your iTunes video library from your iDevice
3) After completing step 2, go back to the movies tab and re-select Sync Movies -> then click on Sync
4) After completing step 3 your iTunes video library should have returned to your iDevice
5) Try playing your videos now from the Videos app. It should work.

The problem is that I can't sync with my iTunes until the end of the work day... so I'm stuck without music for the day. Joy!

((Too bad Apple pushed iOS 5 before this was fixed. In the rush to get this out, it gimped one of the primary apps in iOS... doh!))

iOS 5 Music.app problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.