Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since 10.7.2 noisy green dots in hard black areas on screen

Hi I have a 2009 model MBP 13

Since the 10.7.2 upgrade I have noticed that the screen appears to have noisy green flecks and lines in any area of solid black. For example the black mouse pointer has an annoying line of bright green in the middle - it isnt a non compliant pixel - because it moves with the pointer...

I am a TV studio engineer by trade and this looks pretty like the sort of fault you get on a studio vision mixer when using chroma key or sometimes with the black level clipping set too low...

Not sure if that is relevant, or just me trying to apply my own limited knowledge to the situation - but can anyone tell me what is causing this and how I can fix it (if indeed I can)... If it can't be fixed soon I will probably have to go back to snow as it makes black text really unpleasant to read.... 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 13 inch late 2009 running 10.7.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 10:12 AM

SOLVED - After an examination of the hardware I realised that I had upgraded the memory at the same time. Turns our one bank wasnt quite seated cleanly. - removed - reseated - all good!

1 reply

Since 10.7.2 noisy green dots in hard black areas on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.