Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated Ipod Touch 4G to IOS5, now music files do not play,artwork shifts around without playing music, or it just doesn’t play at all

I updated my Ipod Touch 4G to the new IOS5, Now I can´t listen to my music properly.

I generally use the "shuffle" mode on my Ipod Touch to ply music, generally the first three to maybe ten songs that start playing work fine, after that, the following things happen:

1. Either music stops at all and I can´t play any other songs unless I touch the suffle play mode again. Eventually, I can listen to the first 3 to 10 songs but afterwards music stops once again. it´s a cycle of endless despair.

2. Or the music starts correctly, but the artwork and file info header (song name, album, artists, etc - at the top of the screen) belongs to the next song about to be played, and when I foward to the next song, it actually skips the song that was supposed to be played (the one that was out of sync with the one that I was listening to). It´s as if the Ipod tried to match the artwork displayed with the song but It completely fails in doing so. Eventually music stops completely and I have to press the suffle play mode again to listen to maybe three to ten "out-of-sync-artwork/header" songs again (Wish I could post a video, it´d be easier to explain, not a native English speaker). Hope you all were able to understand my problem.

Thanks a lot.

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:31 AM

2 replies

Updated Ipod Touch 4G to IOS5, now music files do not play,artwork shifts around without playing music, or it just doesn’t play at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.