Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won't push documents to iPad through iCloud?

When I create a document in Pages on my iPad (using iOS 5) it automatically pushes it to the iCloud/iWork. Where I can then open it on my laptop and edit it.

However, When I create a document in Pages on my laptop, it WON'T push to my iPad the same way. Is there a reason iCloud only works going one direction? I've even tried using the "Share" button to save directly to iWork/iCloud, but it still won't show up in my iPad. (And going to www.icloud.com/iwork site on my iPad doesnt actually work, for some reason.)

(I am running OS Lion)

Explanation, please?

iPad 2, Other OS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 9:59 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2012 6:11 AM in response to adamfromsouthlake

I am having the same issues with iCloud. It pushes the documents from iOS devices (running iOS 5) but not the other way round when you are updating in Mac. For that, I need to open iCloud.com in safari and then upload the file from local drive.

Apple should integrate this feature with iWork suites so that we can work seamlessly on multiple devices (including Mac/PC) as can be found in iCal.

Nov 12, 2012 3:41 PM in response to ewiart

ewiart wrote:

I am having the same problem. Pages on my iPad and iCloud is just not communicating it is very frustrating.

The problems mentioned in this discussion were solved when OS X 10.8 was released, along with updates to Pages. If you are still in 10.7, that is the fix. If you are in 10.8, I suggest you start a new discussion with more details about what you are doing and what is not working.

Pages won't push documents to iPad through iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.