Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste some effects but not others

I have a clip in the Timeline which has colour correction exactly right. I'd like to copy this colour correction to a second clip. My problem is that the second clip has extensive video animation on it, and if I just "Paste Effects" from the first clip, it pastes the colour correction all right, but it also pastes the animation from the first clip, too.

Is there a way to just paste the colour correction and not the animation?

Martin S Taylor

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 12GB RAM

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 11:10 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2011 1:17 PM in response to Martin S Taylor

Unfortunately not at this stage.

Just thinging out loud here.... The only workaround I can think of is to copy the clip that has your colour correction/animation , go to the clip that you'd like to paste it too and turn it to a compound clip. Paste the effect, then in your inspector, rest the animation.

So potentially what you should have is a clip that still retains it original animation, but by placing it in a compound, your adding the color correction on the compound which should retain the original animation

Does that make sense..? Worth a try..

Paste some effects but not others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.