4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2011 9:56 AM by Martin S Taylor
Martin S Taylor Level 1 Level 1

I have a clip in the Timeline which has colour correction exactly right. I'd like to copy this colour correction to a second clip. My problem is that the second clip has extensive video animation on it, and if I just "Paste Effects" from the first clip, it pastes the colour correction all right, but it also pastes the animation from the first clip, too.

Is there a way to just paste the colour correction and not the animation?

Martin S Taylor

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 12GB RAM
Solved by Ken Stone1 on Oct 13, 2011 3:03 PM Solved
How about saving your clip color correction as a 'preset', then selecting the other clips and applying the preset. --ken
  • blimpmedia Level 3 Level 3

Unfortunately not at this stage.

Just thinging out loud here.... The only workaround I can think of is to copy the clip that has your colour correction/animation , go to  the clip that you'd like to paste it too and turn it to a compound clip. Paste the effect, then in your inspector, rest the animation.

So potentially what you should have is a clip that still retains it original animation, but by placing it in a compound, your adding the color correction on the compound which should retain the original animation

Does that make sense..? Worth a try..

• blimpmedia Level 3 Level 3

Oh to add to that, I generally use compounds when I need to colour correct 2-3 clips that are next to each other and know that the correction or contrast tweak will be exactly the same.

• Ken Stone1 Level 1 Level 1

How about saving your clip color correction as a 'preset', then selecting the other clips and applying the preset.

--ken

• Martin S Taylor Level 1 Level 1

Brilliant. Thank you.

MST