Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What am I doing wrong? Location based reminders

iPhone 4 here...upgraded to iOS 5...no problems...seems to be running smoothly.

Tried more than a few times to set up location based reminders...but when leaving and when arriving. I'm not getting any reminders or notifications at all. I have location services on for reminder too.

Example:

Set up a list for when I arrived at a store. I added the location to my contacts, as it tells you to. Set that location in reminders.

Arrived at the store and nothing. I open the app and something pops up telling me to turn on wifi for better results. Why would I turn on wifi when I'm out and about? I had 5 bars on my 3G signal. Does that make any sense at all? I have to be doing something wrong but a search on this forum hasn't yielded and results.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 12:21 PM

22 replies

Oct 14, 2011 7:08 AM in response to Jovi Guitarist

I've tried using this feature as well on my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS 5 and it does not work. I tried twice to have it remind me to do something when I left a location and nothing ever popped up. The GPS features stays running on my phone when I enable a location-based reminder so I know everything is turned on properly. I'm sure it will be fixe with an iOS upgrade over the air. I came to the support site looking to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem as me. You aren't alone.

Oct 14, 2011 7:32 AM in response to Jovi Guitarist

I can say that my location based reminders have worked twice now. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5. I am not sure about the problems everyone is having with this feature. The only item I could think of is do you have all the notifications turned on? I will absolutely agree with everyone that having to add a contact for some arbitrary address is completely absurd. I hope this is fixed in a future update.

I hope this helps!

What am I doing wrong? Location based reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.