Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos/videos not syncing under iOS5

After upgrading to iTunes 10.5, I synced some new photos and (photo) videos to my ipad 2 which was running 4.3.5. I then upgraded to iOS 5 and after the restore process and sync, those photos and videos were not on my iPad 2. I've synced a few more times and they still aren't there.

How can I get all my photos and videos to sync?

iPad 2, Other OS, iOS 4.3.5

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 2:10 PM

12 replies

Oct 17, 2011 9:56 AM in response to Morac

I have had similar problems and seemed to have fixed it. At first I tried syncing over and over and that did not help. Then checked off do not sync pics (and same issue with music). While they are not checked I synced again to remove them from my device. Then I rechecked one, and re synced. then I rechecked the other and synced. Now all is well.

Hope that helps.

Oct 19, 2011 9:38 PM in response to Morac

I managed to mostly fix it, but not completely fix it.

What I did was shut down iTunes and then delete the 'iPod Photo Cache" folder from My Pictures folder. I then re-ran iTunes and synced. After doing this all, but 6 pictures synced. I got a "6 items could not sync see iTunes error". iTunes never generated an error so I don't know exactly which ones didn't sync (other than that they were taken on my iPhone 3GS), but I do know that for whatever reason 8 photos out of about 2651 photos and videos that iTunes found are missing.

So I still can't sync all my photos, but at least the vast majority of them sync as do all my videos.

Oct 31, 2011 12:11 PM in response to Morac

I have a similar problem but about 3000 out of my 12000 photos are not syncing - both to either my iPad or iPhone after upgrading both to iOS5. I have tried restoring factory settings, and clearing the photo cache, but nothing seems to work. The strange thing is that in iTunes on the photos tab it says "12000" photos, but then when it syncs it says "Syncing 1,2,3.... of 9000". Both devices have plenty of spare memory on them. I would love to be able to fix this.

Nov 7, 2011 11:38 PM in response to Morac

I have same problem here. Unchecking > syncing > rechecking > resyncing does not work for me. 45/65 photos in an album copy over. Not game to delete the cache - will leave it for Apple to solve in an iOS5/or Lion update. Very frustrating - and embarrassing - was presenting to client and some images were not available on iPad to discuss 😠

Some photos/videos not syncing under iOS5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.