Skip navigation

Some photos/videos not syncing under iOS5

5156 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 6:35 PM by kykymon42 RSS
Morac Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2011 2:10 PM

After upgrading to iTunes 10.5, I synced some new photos and (photo) videos to my ipad 2 which was running 4.3.5.  I then upgraded to iOS 5 and after the restore process and sync, those photos and videos were not on my iPad 2.  I've synced a few more times and they still aren't there.

How can I get all my photos and videos to sync?

iPad 2, Other OS, iOS 4.3.5
  • cfsdoriga Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 15, 2011 4:11 PM (in response to Morac)

The same is happening to me in my iPhone 3gs after upgrading to iOs5.

• gcjones1951 Calculating status...
    Oct 15, 2011 4:59 PM (in response to Morac)

I'm having the same problem. I have 4,000 photos that were on my iPad before I upgraded to iOS 5. Now they are gone and I can't get iTuneless 10.5 to sync them back onto my iPad. Very maddening and frustrating. Went to my local aPple store and they were clueless - said to make an appointment with the Genius Bar for next week. Yeeshh!

• amanda199 Calculating status...
    Oct 16, 2011 4:49 PM (in response to Morac)

My videos won't sync to my iphone anymore??  Anyone have any idea???

• sketchwish Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 17, 2011 6:19 AM (in response to Morac)

I can't seem to sync back to iPhoto without iCloud/Photostream..

Thoughts, Suggestions?

• Jay1966 Calculating status...
    Oct 17, 2011 9:56 AM (in response to Morac)

I have had similar problems and seemed to have fixed it. At first I tried syncing over and over and that did not help. Then checked off do not sync pics (and same issue with music). While they are not checked I synced again to remove them from my device. Then I rechecked one, and re synced. then I rechecked the other and synced. Now all is well.

Hope that helps.

• jpadder Calculating status...
    Oct 19, 2011 9:33 PM (in response to Morac)

I have a similar problem after upgrading to OS5.  The photos are all there, all 7200 of them, but some of the events are blank or anly half of the pictures show up.  The event title is there, but no pictures.  So the index isn't transfering.  Very odd.

• anthonyuk Calculating status...
    Oct 31, 2011 12:11 PM (in response to Morac)

I have a similar problem but about 3000 out of my 12000 photos are not syncing - both to either my iPad or iPhone after upgrading both to iOS5. I have tried restoring factory settings, and clearing the photo cache, but nothing seems to work.  The strange thing is that in iTunes on the photos tab it says "12000" photos, but then when it syncs it says "Syncing 1,2,3.... of 9000".  Both devices have plenty of spare memory on them.  I would love to be able to fix this.

• TomfromNJ Calculating status...
    Nov 6, 2011 3:35 PM (in response to anthonyuk)

I too have this exact problem ...  when trying to sync ALL photos .. it does not work ... but when I manually select some folders under the 'Selected folders ..' option ... it works ...  help !!!!

• Sparky030405 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 7, 2011 11:38 PM (in response to Morac)

I have same problem here. Unchecking > syncing > rechecking > resyncing does not work for me. 45/65 photos in an album copy over. Not game to delete the cache - will leave it for Apple to solve in an iOS5/or Lion update. Very frustrating - and embarrassing - was presenting to client and some images were not available on iPad to discuss

• Deepak Sood Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Nov 25, 2011 7:58 PM (in response to Morac)

my problem is bit different. i can synch the videos on ios5 on my ipod touch. but when i try to play it, it simply jumps to another song. why?

• kykymon42 Calculating status...
    Jun 29, 2012 6:35 PM (in response to Morac)

the same thing just happened to me and im defistated there were picyures on there that now i cant never repace im going to call them and they better get my pictures back

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.