Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Wi-Fi not working after iOS 5 update

Updated everything: Lion, iTunes, iOS 5.

iPad's Wi-Fi connects to my AirPort Express network just fine, but iPhone 3GS sees my network, but can't connnect to it ("Unable to connect...") with the only available action being "Dismiss". Even tried Apple's new iOS AirPort Utility. Exact same thing.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 2:19 PM

10 replies

Oct 14, 2011 6:28 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Other devices connect to the network fine - so it's not the network; iPhone connected to the network fine prior to iOS update - so it's not the phone hardware; problem started immediately after update to iOS 5 - so I would assume iOS 5 is the culprit.

Otherss report the same problem on the support boards.

Oct 14, 2011 12:06 PM in response to Bob Timmons

It could still be a base station problem if it's a 2.4GHz vs. 5GHz thing on a simultaneous dual-band base station.

iPads and Intel Macs do 5GHz; iPhones, iPod touches, and PowerPC Macs do not. So if your 5GHz network on your simultaneous dual-band base station is working fine, but there's something wrong on the 2.4GHz side, then that could explain why iPads and Intel Macs can join, but iPhones can't.

Message was edited by: Spiff, to clear up my reasoning for why simultaneous dual-band might matter.

Nov 7, 2011 1:30 PM in response to Somethinghead

I tried out every suggestion here but nothing worked for me.

i restored the iPhone, restarted router, went everywhere an Wi-Fi were available , reset my networks , everything but nothing. The problem as I try to recall is when upgrading to this iOS5 😟 . I was asked to setup my access point and I chose to cancel this for now and also to cancel my location determinator, and continued my setup!!

finally the result is an iPhone without a Wi-Fi.

The Wi-Fi is totally dimed off, that I can't press or use or activate/deactivate!

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.

iPhone Wi-Fi not working after iOS 5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.