Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not launching after 10.7.2 upgrade when internet access is via browser authentication?

Hi,

I just upgraded to 10.7.2 and noticed that when I'm on my school's network, which requires browser authentication (login/password), my Safari refuses to launch. Also, other programs that I use get affected/slows down and I get the pinwheel more often. The problem seems to go away when I restart my MBA and have access to the internet that does not require any authentication (e.g., public network). Any thoughts and help will be much appreciated!

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 3:16 PM

7 replies

Oct 15, 2011 2:27 PM in response to neil andrew

Do the following, It worked for me.

For anyone else having the problem, here's the way to fix it and get authorized and get on the internet again.

=============

Open Keychain Access. It's in Applications=>Utilities.

Then in the Keychain Access menu at the top of the screen choose "Preferences..."

Go to the pane labelled "certificates." Check the first two items there. (Online Certificate Status Protocol and Certificate Revocation List). Both should "Off." If they say "best effort" change them to "Off." Then you should be able to connect (may need to restart the computer, but maybe not).

=================

Safari not launching after 10.7.2 upgrade when internet access is via browser authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.