Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging Calendars (on my mac with Mobile me)

I have most of my calendars set up with my Mobile Me account to push to the cloud and to my iphone. I also have some old calendars that are grouped under "On My Mac" and they do not sync. Is there a way I can group the "On My Mac" calenars into the Mobile Me calendars so they sync to Moble Me and my iphone etc.

Many thanks.

- eliot

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 3:47 PM

YAY! So I figured out a simple way to do this. I'll try to keep the steps simple.

1. I went to icloud.com and into my calendar.

2. I created a new calendar for each of my calendars. (for instance, I have family, friends, business, etc.)

3. I then went to the iMac ICal and exported each of my calendars (those which i just created a new calendar for on icloud) under "on my mac".

4. I then imported them into those new folders on the Mac into the "Icloud" calendars I created moments ago. Be sure when you import you SELECT that calendar.

5. Once that is all done you can delete the calendars "on your mac" so there aren't duplicates.

6. NOW all your events should sync. Apparently Icloud doesn't sync calendars "on the mac" only in the "icloud", which is obviously different from what mobile me did.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2011 3:47 PM in response to Eliot Ferguson

YAY! So I figured out a simple way to do this. I'll try to keep the steps simple.

1. I went to icloud.com and into my calendar.

2. I created a new calendar for each of my calendars. (for instance, I have family, friends, business, etc.)

3. I then went to the iMac ICal and exported each of my calendars (those which i just created a new calendar for on icloud) under "on my mac".

4. I then imported them into those new folders on the Mac into the "Icloud" calendars I created moments ago. Be sure when you import you SELECT that calendar.

5. Once that is all done you can delete the calendars "on your mac" so there aren't duplicates.

6. NOW all your events should sync. Apparently Icloud doesn't sync calendars "on the mac" only in the "icloud", which is obviously different from what mobile me did.

Oct 13, 2011 8:57 PM in response to JamieJeannette

Very interesting that I should have this problem and an hour or so later iCloud is released. Thanks JamieJeannette for you help. I went to iCloud.com and it prompted me to download the new 10.7.2 and upgraded mobileme to icloud. Now all my calenders are all under one roof and it happend automatically! Beautiful.

I wish all my apple questions were answered this way 🙂

Merging Calendars (on my mac with Mobile me)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.