Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shaky notification center on iPad 2

Anyone else getting a shaky Notification center on their ipad 2 whenever calendar items appear? The panel shakes rapidly up and down, before deciding to delete the calendar entries and then it calms down. Mostly - on one occasion my device froze completely and I had to reboot.

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 5:43 PM

Ok, think I've found the fix for this. I'm syncing with a Microsoft Exchange calendar as well. I turned this off in Settings and the shaking went away. When I turned it back on again, the calendar synced fine, and the notifications were still not shaking. Let's hope it stays that way!

9 replies

Oct 19, 2011 1:09 PM in response to chaitrafrombangalore

What makes you say it is a problem with the exchange server? If you mean "it is a problem with displaying notifications for calendar events that come from exchange" then I might agree. When I see the 'shaky' problem, I don't believe the device is actively syncing information with the exchange server.

On a related side note I've also seen a problem where the lock screen notification for calendar events will sometimes switch rapidly (several times a second) between showing "in # mins" and "at "#:##" (e.g. "in 15 mins" and "at 1:30"

Shaky notification center on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.