Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost all of my photos after downloading the update! Please help!!

My entire iphoto library is empty; all my photos (thousands of my child's first two years) are gone - this happened after I downloaded the new update last night. Has this happened to anyone else? Please tell me you know how I can get them back!?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:03 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2011 7:34 PM in response to ScotlynFaith

Just in case you don't see my responses before I sign off....

That Masters folder should have all of your pictures...the actual files...assuming you've used iPhoto all along and are letting it manage the photo locations. I'd suggest copying that folder elsewhere. Better yet just copy the whole "iPhoto Library" thing.

After that check out this document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2638

That shows how to run iPhoto to repair the library. Worst case if that doesnt work is to create a new library and reimport your photos from the copy you made. You'll lose all of the tags, etc. you might have put on photos but the most important part...the actual photos...should be good.

Oct 13, 2011 8:26 PM in response to ScotlynFaith

Oh...and one last thing. Please...PLEASE...make sure you do a backup thats not at your house. Take a look at CrashPlan or something similar that lets you do offsite backups via the internet (CrashPlan is fantastic...and inexpensive and fast). Even if you back up to another harddrive at your house if there is a fire or something you're going to lose it all. Not worth it.

I lost all of my photos after downloading the update! Please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.