Skip navigation

How do I delete or merge with an old apple id?

423 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 6:23 PM by inajeep RSS
inajeep Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2011 6:23 PM

Complicated Apple ID issue or at least I haven't been able to find a matching issue here in the support community.  I have an apple ID that I can access but never connected to the iTunes store (CC# or pay pal not validated).  It is my current email address.  I do have another apple ID that I have been using for years. It came from a Yahoo account if I remember correctly when a email address wasn't required to be an ID.   The trouble is that since my current apple id isn't an email address which means I can't access iCloud or Mobile.me.  I want to use my current email address (my inactive apple ID) and merge it with my current apple ID which all my purchases are associated with. (ipad, iphone, ipod nano).  If I could delete the inactive account I could change my current apple ID to be my primary email address. 

How do I do delete my old apple ID? I tried manage my appleid but I can only verify or change information.  If I create a new id what happens to my purchases?

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2, iOS 5

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.