Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1.1 doesn't load webpages correctly

Every since updating yesterday to Safari 5.1.1 my webpages don't seem to be loading correctly. For instance, when loading NYTimes.com I get all of the text, but in each picture there is a "?". When clicking on an article, the webpage doesn't load correctly. See the picture below:

User uploaded file

On some webpages, such as store.apple.com, it says the server cannot be found and doesn't load the page at all, but in Firefox it will fly right up. I know Apple provided the following solution (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3408), but none of these have worked. I have reset safari as well and that doesn't seem to work. This is also happening on my iPad as well. Is this something to do with the update to iOS5 and the new Safari browser or is it something on my end? I have owned many Apple products, but this is the first time something like this has happened on a repeated basis. Anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 6:31 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2011 9:01 PM in response to HOPKINSKID

but in each picture there is a "?"

Make sure: Display images when the page opens is selected in Safari / Preferences - Appearance

This is also happening on my iPad as well.

Tap Settings / Safari.

Clear the History, Cookies, and Cache. Restart the iPad.

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Safari 5.1.1 doesn't load webpages correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.