Skip navigation

News Stand icon

238 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2012 3:22 AM by Dave Dahle RSS
Dave Dahle Level 1 Level 1 (60 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2011 7:14 PM

Since News Stand is an app that I may well never use, I wanted to move it into a "Preloaded" folder / group on the iPhone's launchpad.

However, try as I might, the News Stand will NOT move into a group. Anyone else seen this happen? Solution?

Mac mini (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Jezz Dangles Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2011 5:19 AM (in response to Dave Dahle)

There is a work around for Newstand to be added to a folder like with all the other apps:

First, take two apps and create a folder. Second, as soon as the apps are in the folder, drag Newsstand into the folder too. As long as you’re quick enough, Newsstand will go into the folder!

This next step is vital as if you dont follow this step then you will crash Newsstand:

If you open Newsstand while it’s in a folder your springboard will crash. If you want to use Newsstand at some point just take it out of the folder and you’re good to go!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.