Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News Stand icon

Since News Stand is an app that I may well never use, I wanted to move it into a "Preloaded" folder / group on the iPhone's launchpad.

However, try as I might, the News Stand will NOT move into a group. Anyone else seen this happen? Solution?

Mac mini (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 5:19 AM

There is a work around for Newstand to be added to a folder like with all the other apps:

First, take two apps and create a folder. Second, as soon as the apps are in the folder, drag Newsstand into the folder too. As long as you’re quick enough, Newsstand will go into the folder!

This next step is vital as if you dont follow this step then you will crash Newsstand:

If you open Newsstand while it’s in a folder your springboard will crash. If you want to use Newsstand at some point just take it out of the folder and you’re good to go!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2011 5:19 AM in response to Dave Dahle

There is a work around for Newstand to be added to a folder like with all the other apps:

First, take two apps and create a folder. Second, as soon as the apps are in the folder, drag Newsstand into the folder too. As long as you’re quick enough, Newsstand will go into the folder!

This next step is vital as if you dont follow this step then you will crash Newsstand:

If you open Newsstand while it’s in a folder your springboard will crash. If you want to use Newsstand at some point just take it out of the folder and you’re good to go!

News Stand icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.