Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think Safari browser's closeing button should be located on the top left corner of browser window

Explore has a closeing icon(button) on the top right corner of browser window.

So, that was easy to close.

But Safari has a closeing icon(button) on the top left cornoer of browser window.

Mouse and eye trackking is too long when close safari browser, so uncomfortable.

Please think how iMac Computer's Monitor size is big......? (21" and 27")

I think that browser closeing button located on the top right corner is better than top left corner.

how do you think about it?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 21"

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 10:39 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2011 11:45 PM in response to Jsunny

Mouse and eye trackking is too long when close safari browser, so uncomfortable.

Use keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking the red radio button.

Command + W closes a Safari window.

Option + Command + W closes all Safari windows.

Explore has a closeing icon(button) on the top right corner of browser window.

That isn't the same as "quitting" an application.

To do so in Safari go to the menu bar click Safari / Quit Safari or Command + Q.

Oct 14, 2011 2:27 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your reply… so helpful.

I know It's different "gutting" and "red radio button"

So, I think that browser closeing button located on the top right corner is better than top left corner.

Over 80% people of computer users are right hand writer and we have to use mouse usually in right hand.

In addition, web user don't want to memorize keyboard shortcuts any more.

(It's very important to iMac User who have experience Window OS long time.)

Therefore, I think Safari browser's closeing button(red, yellow and green radio button together) should be located on the top right corner of browser window.

To change the funtion isn't that hard.

I think Safari browser's closeing button should be located on the top left corner of browser window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.