Skip navigation

iPad iOS 5: shuffle all Albums of one Artist

10222 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 4:33 PM by storneo RSS
1 2 Previous Next
MiCoIT Level 1 Level 1 (50 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2011 10:20 PM

Hello, I updated yesterday to iOS 5 and now in the newly redesigned Music App I'm trying to listen to all the songs in shuffle of one Artist in multiple Albums.

I go to the App then click on the Artists-Button on the bottom,

I select my desired Artist, but unlike on the iPhone there is no "Shuffle All"-Option.

When I start one song and I click the shuffle-button it only shuffles within this one Album. Please help!

Thank you for you assistance,

I think I'm still to tired or to stupid to get this, but I need my music in the morning!

Kind Regards

MiCo

iPad, iOS 5
  • samfromchampaign Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Oct 14, 2011 6:25 AM (in response to MiCoIT)

This was driving me crazy all day yesterday. The two solutions I've found:

1.In the bottom right corner of the music app is a search bar. Search the name of the band and it will quickly create a list of all songs by that artist (make sure you have the songs tab selected) . You can shuffle this "playlist".

2. The app Planetary lets you shuffle songs by an artist. Just click on the planet for the artist and hit play. Once it starts playing you can exit Planetary and open Music and the shuffling continues!

Why apple would get rid of such a common-sense feature is beyond me. Someone posted they thought it was because Apple wants people to use genious intead of shuffle. STUPID.

• ManhattanHusky Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 16, 2011 4:00 AM (in response to MiCoIT)

I have to agree, this is very very annoying. I swear I was able to shuffle a particular artists albums before iOS 5.

• katrinafromphoenix Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 26, 2011 9:30 PM (in response to MiCoIT)

I can't find the shuffle function at all. Help!  I can't bare to listen to entire albums and I don't want to create a new playlist all the time. I'll go nuts without shuffle. Please help

• Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,395 points)
    Oct 26, 2011 9:49 PM (in response to MiCoIT)

MiCoIT wrote:

Hello, I updated yesterday to iOS 5 and now in the newly redesigned Music App I'm trying to listen to all the songs in shuffle of one Artist in multiple Albums.

I go to the App then click on the Artists-Button on the bottom,

I select my desired Artist, but unlike on the iPhone there is no "Shuffle All"-Option.

When I start one song and I click the shuffle-button it only shuffles within this one Album. Please help!

Instead of tapping a song, select the Artist then press Play.

Tapping a song will only play that one album.

I have submitted a bug report for this problem.

• Libijo Inc. Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 30, 2011 4:36 AM (in response to MiCoIT)

To start a normal shuffle, scroll down to the last song in the "Songs" section, and play it. Go to the end of the song and you see nothing in the toolbar of the Music app. That isn't important, just tap on the Play button in the toolbar and it will shuffle.

Oct 30, 2011 10:04 AM (in response to Libijo Inc.)

"To start a. Oral shuffle"

just select the Artist and tap Play.

No need to scroll anything, go to the last song, scroll to the end, wait till it stops.

This takes you to the exact same place as when you first select the artist.

• Garageintoon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jan 19, 2012 6:21 AM (in response to Chris CA)

I go along with Chris - it works for me.

• jbty1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jan 25, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to MiCoIT)

Looks like if you select the "Artist" tab at the bottom, then choose a Artist, you don't have the option to "Play ALL" like there is with the itouch, or others.  It only plays one of the albums from the artist.

Jan 25, 2012 10:07 AM (in response to jbty1)

jbty1 wrote:

Looks like if you select the "Artist" tab at the bottom, then choose a Artist, you don't have the option to "Play ALL" like there is with the itouch, or others.  It only plays one of the albums from the artist.

Right. So to play all, just select teh artist then tap Play.

• JeffKessel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 14, 2012 2:11 PM (in response to Chris CA)

Chris, my question is this... When I follow your advise it only plays the song that was playing when I left off.... so for example, if I was listening to Adele when I last "stopped" my music if I click on say the Fray and hit play it continues the Adele song.

What to do?

Jeff

Feb 14, 2012 2:28 PM (in response to JeffKessel)

Yes, the Music app is messed up.

You need to quit the app.

Press Home once then double tap Home.

Tap and hold an icon below then tap the - sign to quit the app then restart it.

• JeffKessel Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 14, 2012 2:34 PM (in response to Chris CA)

I figured as much... I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that each time... Oh well.. Thanks Chris.

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.