Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant access itunes store from ipad

I changed my apple id to use my email address, after upgrading my ipad to IOS5. The problem is, whenever I try to sign into Itunes or the app store on my ipad, I get the error " Cannot connect to itunes store". If I try and sign into itunes from my pc then I have no issues at all, and can access both itune store and app store on the pc.

So its not an issue with my apple ID otehrwise I would get the same error on both devices. Anybody have the same issue and/or a fix?

Cheers

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 10:49 PM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2011 3:22 PM in response to chetan@Delhi

Ok, Heres the fix..you need to do a restore on the Ipad..Go to settings, then general,..down the bottom you will see reset, go into those options and you want the first one.. Reset All Settings...

The Ipad will reset and then it will walk you thru the steps to set up things such as your network etc.

You will be asked if you want to set up as a new ipad, restore from icloud, or from itunes. I restored from Itunes from my pc.

When you connect to Itunes on the pc, your ipad will sync. On the left side of itunes ,under devices you will see your ipad connected..put your mouse on the device icon and then right click. One of your options will be restore from back up, chose this option and then you will be given a drop down list of backups to restore from (i only saw the one from a few minutes prior). Select this and then let the ipad restore, restart, and reync.

When the ipad tell you restore is completed then disconnect from your pc, The ipad will ask you to set up network and a couple of other things, it will then ask you to sign into your apple account.

After I had signed in and was told my setup was complete, I was able to go to intunes store and app store without any issues.........

cant access itunes store from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.