Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an HP Officejet 6500 E709n wireless printing problem

I am using a macbook and Safari 10.6.8. When I set the HP printer to work wireless over the home modem it will work just fine for awhile. Then some days later it won't find the printer and I have go to the printer and re-enter everything to get it back online to print wireless again. I have to do this over and over. I have downloaded the lasted updates for the printer and no change. Has anyone else run into this and found any solutions. Thanks for any expertise.

Tom

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2011 10:55 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2011 6:32 AM in response to tom269

I have had the same issue with my PC at times...I think it's your modem and not an update issue. To fix it I have to reboot my modem and its fine...I believe a power blip or iternet fart causes the modem settings to get scrambled and the reboot resets them. It's annoying but that works for me. PS, my modem is plugged into my UPS so it get consistent power. If you learn more let me know.

Nov 13, 2011 7:08 PM in response to Hiker30152

How does your printer get its IP address? If it uses DHCP, try a static address. I had symptoms similar to yours, but after giving it a static address, I've not had problems printing or scanning. I suspect that when the printer goes to sleep, it does not reconnect to the network properly. And, same as you, rebooting things works for a while. I've only just tried this today, so I don't want to say its definitively fixed, but up until now, printing/scanning would work until it went to sleep. If I'm proven wrong, I'll post again.

I have an HP Officejet 6500 E709n wireless printing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.