Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active Directory reset password, FileVault Master Password

I am testing the use of macs with Active Directory using ADmitMac plugin.

Using GPO settings for ADmitMac I enforce FileVault encryption to all new accounts which works perfectly until:

User forgets password, DirAdmin resets password using Active Directory "reset password" on AD user Account.

User enters new password at login (works) but login halts and require user to enter the old password in order to unlock the enctypted folder.

FileVault Master password is set (obviously in order to enable FileVault) but it is not possible to use the FileVault Master password at this point to unlock the account for further use.

I have searched around and found that it is possible to login using a root enabled account, and use hdiutil to change the .sparsebundle / image password, then I would have to delete the account and copy the contets of the sparceimage to a new account etc... This is in no way what I was hoping for in regards of usability :/

Have anyone experienced something similar? maybe even have a solution?

-Terje Otto

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 1:59 AM

There are no replies.

Active Directory reset password, FileVault Master Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.