Previous 1 2 3 Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2015 12:20 AM by emrahatilkan
simonp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

Has anyone tried asking Siri for the time or date? It's not working for me.

If I ask "What's the weather going to be today" - it gives me the weather for my town.

But if I ask "What time is it" - it says "I have no idea what time it is in <insert street address>. Sorry about that!"

I've checked my contact info and it all looks ok.

Any ideas?

Cheers

iPhone 4
  • Adi Himpson Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I'm having the same problem. It is really annoying me as I used the same phrase in the old voice control and it worked just fine. I used it almost every day on my bike to see just how late I was running for work!

If I ask "what time is it in Oxford?" Siri replies just fine but a simple "what time is it?" give the same nonsense answer that you are getting. Siri is trying to be too clever and use the ezxact location, down to street level, rather than just more generally (ie city or country level).

Very very annoying and I'll be delighted if anyone can provide a solution to this!

Ta!

Adi :)

• andy turner Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

i have just tryed this and it seems to work fine

• Maccaguy Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

"What time is it?" works fine for Siri on my phone, too.

• S7umpy Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Yeah mine works too. I just say" time and date"

• BillyBag2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Not working for me. Time/Date/weather. I'm in the uk England, also I am not near any major towns or cities. Not sure if it is related. But I am not near any time zone boundaries. Uk is all Bst. (Weston European time?)

• BillyBag2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The weather app is ok, shows weather for Bishops cleeve, which is where I am. Not tried a place name in the question. Will give this a go.

• Chamar Level 4 Level 4 (2,035 points)

Working fine for me and I live in 'the sticks' between two small villages west of Glasgow.  I'm very impressed with Siri which has no problem with my (slightly) Scottish accent

• No way Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem goes here!

I have to provide my city to check out my time!

Instead of saying what's the time now, I have to say "what's the time in adelaide" to get the answer!

really diappointed!

• NMJH Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)

mine says it cannot do this right now, i dont know what time is at such & such address, search's for weather, but can't do it...

• nickmuni Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

try deleting your address and putting it back in. also make sure that in Siri settings it has your name selected for your info.

• simonp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yep - tried that nickmuni - no difference

I think it checks where you are rather than your contact info as it always complains about not being able to tell the time exactly where I am (street level!)

• abubnic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Mine works fine when I ask for the time.

• abubnic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Mine works fine for the time.  And I don't even have to ask for the weather directly.  I can say, "Do I need an umbrella today" and it will give me the full report.  I can also ask it for the time and/or weather in Honolulu or Paris.

I'm wondering if your Siri app isn't corrupted like so many others who can't get ANY answers. ...my husband included.  His worked fine for a week.  Now, Siri just keeps saying there's a problem with the network or she doesn't understand.  We haven't been able to fix it.

• simonp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Spoke to Applecare yesterday who basically said it should work as described in the UK but that Siri is still in beta (which is a major cop out IMO).

Will just have to wait for next update I guess.

Previous 1 2 3 Next