Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing contacts in OS 5

I recently upgraded to OS 5 on my iPhone 4. When I choose a contact, the "edit" option no longer exists anywhere. I've tried rebooting multiple times but can't get it to show up. What am I missing here?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 4:39 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2011 12:14 PM in response to matthewfromplattsburgh

Experiencing the same issue here. And when I look at my list of contacts...I have a 'group' arrow in the upper left hand corner...and when I click that, I see a blank screen...it just says 'groups' at the top. There's no option to go back and see my list of contacts. I end up having to shut down my iphone (4 with ios 5) and start it back up. But continue to have the same issue...no edit option within my contacts and the group section is blank and gives no option to go anywhere else in contacts.

Note: I did have a an app called 'GContact Lite' on my phone, prior to the IOS5 update...not sure if that had something to do with this issue.

In any case...I went to the Apple Store today and was advised to 'restore' my phone; actually, do a 'DFU' restore...which apparently is a little different and to not use my 'backup' file...since it may still contain the issue I'm experiencing. So I'm suppose to restore as if it were a new phone. My music and photos are already backed up and I used an app that allowed me to export my contacts to a csv file, outside of iTunes; hopefully, the import of that file will work ok.

Should you want to try the DFU restore...which I guess is like a full, start from scratch restore... you hold the top button and home button for 10 seconds...while connected to iTunes...and then release the top button only after 10 seconds... you should then get a 'restore' message of sorts in iTunes...then follow the instructions from there.

Editing contacts in OS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.