Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bitrhdays : Can't Remove date, the Calendar is read-only

Hello all,

I made a mistakes about some bithdays (about days, months and years...), and when i change the dates with Contact on my iPjone, and even on icloud.com : the dates do not change in Calendar, and when i try to change the name of the Calendar, i leanred that it was READ-ONLY ! My question is :

How do i change this **** READ-ONLY ? Or, just how to changes all these bithday dates of calendar...

Thank's in advence !

iPhone 3GS, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 5:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2011 5:57 AM in response to ILANTOUBIFREE

I'm having a similar problem. Not so much incorrect dates, but when I loaded all my birthdays on originally, I put in dummy years because I didn't think it mattered and I didn't know everyone's ages (work colleagues, etc.). Now the entries read "Joe's 11th birthday" which seems silly. Other than my nieces, I don't really care how old anyone else in my life is. Why did they add this feature and how do we get rid of it?!

Oct 14, 2011 7:57 AM in response to wlk1216

Well, it's not totally the same problem : my problem is, when i add one contact, i add his birthday, then calendar on icloud.com add the contact + his birthday, and, when i delete the contact, icloud.com delete the contact BUT KEEP the birthday...

I just called apple suport, and they say, we had to wait 24 hours for midification applied... so, let's wait 24 hours for see if those dates stay on icloud.com or not 🙂...

Bitrhdays : Can't Remove date, the Calendar is read-only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.