Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete videos already in iCloud 'Backup'?

My iCloud 'Backup' of camera roll is too high as it has videos. I have deleted all the videos from camera roll on my iP4. However, when I backup to iCloud again, it is not deleting the videos from cloud. Wouldnt iCloud delete automatically (when backed up next time) the videos in cloud when it is deleted from the camera roll on iP4? Or the only option is to turn off backing up of camera roll altogether to delete the videos already in cloud backup?

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 6:28 AM

5 replies

Oct 17, 2011 7:29 AM in response to phobophobia

I got a MobileMe tech support guy help me with this. He was kind enough to help me on this iCloud issue. According to him, it might have been designed like this on purpose. In case you accidentally delete anything from your camera roll, you can use iCloud to restore the videos or photos as well. However, he agreed that this is an inelegant way and he has already flagged this issue with the iCloud team. He will be submitting a suggestion from my end to see if there can be an easier way out.

How to delete videos already in iCloud 'Backup'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.