Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i restore the iphone without update?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 6:54 AM

7 replies

Oct 15, 2011 10:54 AM in response to MissGEX

I have no idea missGEX but if I were you I wouldn't bother with iOS 5. It's terrible. You lose all your music and apps and the only way to get apps back is to download them on iPhone via app store. I got about 100 at least so this would take about a week to do.

I can't do a restore from ANY back up cos the files is corrupted and I always get an error message.

I can't wait till jan when my contract is u p, so I can sling my iPhone in the bin and get a samsung.

Oct 18, 2012 2:07 AM in response to jdjenkins84

Similar problem here. My iphone4s went into recovery mode when I was trying to update it to ios6 and itunes to 10.7. Itunes never completed the update and is still version 10.6. Since my iphone is in recovery mode, does anyone know what version I will have when I do a restore? Also, if it restores and has iOS6 (which I don't want yet) will that be compatible with iTunes 10.6? Also, where do I hold down "Option" during the restore? Is the option feature part of Itunes? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.