I'm 17 and I got a PowerBook G4 15" as a present in the Summer, (my first Mac!!), it was a previously owned one, (by a friend) and it came with Adobe CS3 (which was good) and with a new power cable.
Anyway, the friend delivered it while I was at work, and Dad set it up and installed stuff, updated stuff I think, etc.
- I bought iWork '09 for it, (which is brilliant).
- And I did a load of research and found that you needed an Intel mac for iLife, but I seem to remember that there was one of the applications that you didn't need Intel? Does anyone know?
- And I was wondering what other upgrades/updates I could get/do etc.?
- For some reason, after a while the chess game (that was in Applications folder when I got it), had a 'no entry sign' over the icon, so I deleted it (unfortunately). And I would just like to know if anyone knows where I could get a download for it? Or if it is possible?
- And I have got Football Managers 2007, 2008 & 2010. I have tried FM 2008 (which works brilliantly, but FM 2010 installs fine, but when finished has a 'no entry sign' on it. Any ideas??
- I created an iChat account: I had to make an "firstname.lastname@example.org" address, (which I created through apple somehow, can't remember, but it was complicated). Anyway was wondering if I could use my "email@example.com" address as a mailbox, (to send and receive e-mails from?)
- I recently create a developer account, and I think that you need an Intel mac for that too, just wondering if I could make safari extensions with my mac?
- I am designing a web-site for my business, and it is going well, managed to hook it with my web-host, the links and pages work, but my photos don't appear, (just an outline of the photo size and possition, but no phot, just does anyone know what to do? Should I upload my photos to the web first (e.g. Flickr) and then have a link from there to my web-site so that my photos are shown? Wouldn't know how to do that, Dad just suggested that. ??
- I think, but don't know, that I have got Leopard, but it's quite like snow leopard. (Pretty sure it's just Leopard), would it be possible to upgrade? And how could I do it?
- And finally, could anyone recommend the "Time Capsule"? As I am dying to get one but just need some recommendations!
Any help/suggestions/comments/answers would be much appreciated!
Here is what it says in my 'About This Mac' window: