Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Google robots.txt

I wanted to publish an iCal Calender in Goggle Calendar. This worked for me perfect with different calendars.

Now I´m getting a report from Google. User uploaded file

Any help or suggestions!

Thx

Bernhard

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 7:54 AM

11 replies

Oct 19, 2011 1:35 AM in response to anodeyes

Yep, same here. I already use Google Cal and CalDav to sync my personal calendar, but at work everyone has iPhones and Macs so use iCal through iCloud. I want to be able to read those calendars and won't be able to move them all over to Google just so that I can access them on my Android phone. I used to be able to read them on Google Cal, but the iCloud messed it all up.

Oct 21, 2011 1:52 PM in response to Bernhard Sperrfechter

According to Google: "Setting up iCloud sync has caused events to be wiped from Google Calendar for some of our users who were syncing information between iCal and Google Calendar. In response, we've stopped deleting the information until this issue is fixed. Until further notice, deleting any event in iCal will not remove this event from Google Calendar (for iCal 4 users, all changes made after a delete attempt will not be saved in Google Calendar). We've contacted Apple and we are actively working on this. We're also attempting to restore the deleted events. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll keep you posted. As a workaround, we suggest you remove event in the Web version of Google Calendar (calendar.google.com). This change would be properly synced with your iCal."

Nov 3, 2011 9:51 AM in response to Bernhard Sperrfechter

I recently called Apple technical support for a problem I was having syncing my iCloud calendar with Google calendars. I copied the iCloud calendar URL and pasted it into Google's import box and got this error:

Could not fetch the url because robots.txt prevents us from crawling the url.

The ridiculous thing about this is that the very same calendar can easily be shared with a Yahoo calendar.

The guy at Apple's technical support was actually very friendly and helpful. He immediately understood the problem and took a couple seconds to see that he could easily reproduce the problem as well.

He told me he'd send a report on to engineering.

A couple weeks later, he got back to me and stated that Engineering acknowledged that this was an issue but they had no intention of addressing the problem.

I use iCal for my personal calendar and want to be able to import that into my work's google calendars. Unfortunately, according to Apple, I won't be able to do this simple task.

Sure would appreciate some guidance or suggestions here.

Thanks so much.

Joel

iCal Google robots.txt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.