I am in the exact same boat:
- I was a MobileMe subsciber who migrated to iCloud
- MobileMe ID was email@example.com; Apple ID firstname.lastname@example.org
- All iCloud services work as intended EXCEPT mail
I can access iCloud Mail by:
- Mail.app in Lion
When I access my iCloud mail on my iOS devices, I get "The user name or password for 'iCloud' is incorrect." I know for a fact the password is correct, and all other services work.
When I access iCloud online, again all services EXCEPT mail work. Here, I get the "Cannot Load Mail." message
Has anyone resolved this; or is this an Apple issue? This is driving me crazy.
I did this:
Disable "Mail" and "Notes" in your iCloud settings. (We are replacing these two functions with our manual account)
Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > Other > Add Mail Account
Fill in your name, Address (@me.com), password (for the iCloud mail account) and description.
Under IMAP tab, fill in the following:
Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: p04-imap.mail.me.com
User name: ("abc" if your email address is email@example.com)
Outgoing Mail Server
Host Name: smtp.me.com
User Name: (again, "abc" if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: (your email account password)
Next then Save. If everything is done properly, you should have your emails coming in, and notes syncing with your Mac.
If the incoming server host doesn't work for you, you can check the correct one in the Mail.app on your Mac, under "Preferences > Accounts".
This is obviously a workaround and i guess will stop working sometime in the future.
Seems clear the issue is about the username used.
I have the same problem, but 1st day it worked all fine, until the 14th, then it was impossible send or receive any mail.
This afternoon appeared a notification:
MobileMail can't verify the identity of "p01-smtp.mail.me.com".
FIndMyiPhone works right, and I can go into Mail at iCloud.com, but mail can't be send, and no new income.
I've got a mail returned and it says that the domain is rejecting it because not a right user.
I'ts a free me.com account.
It's an iCloud internal problem.
Well, I have just fixed it.
As stated in point 10. of:
I've just deleted the account, and set it up another time, and now all is right again.
But I have been forced to change my password in accordance with the new template: at least 8 characters, at least one number, at least one uppercase letter and at least one lowercase...
I've done what macnolox suggests. Did not work for me, still cannot access icloud mail on either of my iOS 5 devices, nor from the web on any platform/browser combination you can think of. Works fine from Mail app in lion, and all the other services work fine on my iOS devices.
Now I'm stuck with a not-really-any-safer 8 character upper/lower case-letters and numbers password, and that annoying error message every few minutes!
found a solution that worked for me:
1. delete your icloud mail account from your idevice.
2. add a new mail account (choose "other").
3. then fill in the details.. for the incoming & outgoing mail server use: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864
4. remember to write your full email account as your username
5. you might get some error for the outgoing server but never mind that for now.
6. save your account and select it from the list inside the mail settings.
7. go to "advanced" and make sure SSL is ON and the server port is 993 and authentification is set to password.
that fixed it for me!