Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not login to forums

I can't login to the forums with my apple id I have used here for years. I kept getting the following error with a form to send in for help which I did 7 times and never heard back:

We're sorry. Your account could not be updated due to system issues.
Please contact Apple Support Communities with the information below to update your account.

It took me 5 times to create a new id and I want my old one back since I've been on the forums for years now and I want to access my info I've saved there. I found another discussion that said the following but it didn't work either. Thanks for your help!

Could be a cookie problem.

If you are using Safari... go to Safari / Preferences then select the Security tab. Click: Show Cookies

Type apple in the search field top right corner of the window then click Remove All

Quit then relaunch Safari. Try logging in here again.

If that doesn't help, launch Keychain Access /Applications/Utilities

Select Passwords on the left. Delete the daw.apple.com keychain and the Safari Forms Autofill keychain.

Quit, relaunch Safari. Try again.

Message was edited by: lee740

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 10:15 AM

Lee --

If you could tell us your original name, the Hosts here could look into it at their end.

13 replies

Oct 29, 2011 10:26 AM in response to TildeBee

Someone finally emailed me to help and let me know that they found my apple id, which is the same one I couldn't login with. They said to go and login to my apple account because I had to save it there again. I did that 6 times before, but did it again. I even quit Safari, then reopened (tried on Firefox as well) and it still doesn't work. I replied to the email after with the results and haven't heard anything back in 10 days. I have been looking around on the forums and it looks like this is a problem that others have been having as well. I have only had 1 ID and only created the one I am using now so I could access the forums. There has never been another, ever! Can you possibly find another person from Apple I can work with? Thanks

Can not login to forums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.