Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-fi sync

Is anyone having problems with wi-fi Sync with iTunes?

For exemple, I've activated everything on my iTunes and iPad but, when I plug it in power core, I can't activate wi-fi sync because it says my (PC) iTunes is not ready.

=(

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 10:25 AM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2011 9:46 AM in response to Rapha Mingattos

Here is how it work on both my iphone 4S and Ipad 2.

OSX 10.7 updated, Ipad Update to ISO 5; Iphone 4S on IOS 5

Itunes must be running. Plug in Iphone or Ipad it works the same.

1. Under Devices slect iphone or ipad

2. Under Summary tab; options check on Sync with this Ipad; iphone over wifi.

3. Click apply on the bottom right.

4. Click Sync on the bottom right.

now you are ready to sync wirelessly with out being connected to power. You do have to do

it manually but the following works as long as the devices are on. I have tested with them with

what I call asleep. It does work.

If you are in Itunes on your computer you can select the device you wish to sync and then click on

sync in the bottom right hand corner. It will begin to syn and show it on either device.

In my testing both devices and my Imac are on the same wireless network.

Next; On your iphone or ipad got to settings

Once you have synced you are now set to sync wirelessly. I am not sure yet what gets synced.

I am still testing that.

On your device go to settings/general/Itunes Wi-Fi Sync, select Sync now. In a second or two your device should show that it is syncing right next to the wifi signal indicator.

I have doing it this way for two days.

Let me know if I have missed a step or something.

Hope this helps someone.

Oct 15, 2011 11:39 AM in response to Rapha Mingattos

I was having problems getting the iTunes Store window to open (stalled halfway and never displayed) I was also having the same issue as these postings where my iPad did not appear in iTunes when set up for wi fi syncing,

The solution for the iTunes Store that I found in the community postings also fixed the wi fi connection issue! Go to the Windows command prompt and enter "netsh winsock reset" You then reboot and both iTunes issues mentioned above will be FIXED.

Wi-fi sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.