Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1630).

iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1630).what is this ??????

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 12:14 PM

11 replies

Nov 4, 2011 3:13 PM in response to tempelboy

hi,

I just bought my iPhone 4S today and inserted my SIM card in it (which was from a different provider than the one that sells iPhone 4S at the moment in Belgium). I also got this same error but when I tried to check for an update after setting the iPhone in flight mode, I still received the same error. Is there anything else I can do??

Dec 4, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Ujjwalkc

I know this was ages ago, but just in case anyone is having this problem going forward… If you are using a non-Apple official USB cord to connect to your computer, this may be the problem. I was having this issue and when I switched to an Apple cord, I was able to connect, have the computer recognize the iPhone and back it up without any problems. I hope this helps someone!

iTunes could not check for an update to the carrier settings for your iPhone. An unknown error occurred (1630).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.