Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage says not delivered (but is delivered)?

My wife has iOS 5 set up on her iPad 2 (3G + wi-fi) and iPhone 3GS. iMessage is set up on both devices (assciated to her email address on the iPad and email/phone number on the iPhone).

I'm running iOS 5 on an iPhone as well, and iMessage is associated to both my email address & phone number.

She has no problem sending iMessages to me from either of her devices, but when I try and reply (or send a new iMessage) to her, I get an error saying the message couldn't be delivered. The weird thing is, she receives the message on both her iPhone and iPad (as she then replies to the message I sent).

So, from my point of view, my messages aren't being delivered, but to her, everything is normal and she's receiving my messages.

I've tried resetting (restore in iTunes, back to factory) all three devices, but it continues to happen.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kristin.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), Xserves (Early 2009, Early 2008, G5), Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 12:18 PM

14 replies

Feb 23, 2012 4:41 AM in response to kristin.

I have also exactly the same problem.

I have tried to reset network settings, restore multiple times my iPhone but I have always have the issue.

Even in wifi, the issue is still there ...

Another issue : I have setup imessage to send a SMS if the imessage delivery failed but it does not work also, imessage is only displaying me the not delivered message.

I don't know what to do ...

Feb 24, 2012 4:39 AM in response to kristin.

had the same problem. after experimentig and testing it came out that the trouble was caused by mail adress used. if putting another adress, not the main one, iMess worked perfectly. Have to check it, but i'm almost sure that it was iMess for Mac that started the problem. Means that beta version for mac os has to be worked on

thx

Apr 10, 2012 1:02 PM in response to asjer

Were you able to log back in on your own Mac after you had logged in somewhere else? I logged out of my account on my own mac, and it solved my issue - as soon as I log back in on my own, the issue comes back... don't want to have to go through the hassle of logging onto anothe rmac, only to have the issue come back when I come back to my own mac.

TIA.

Apr 19, 2012 2:13 PM in response to kristin.

Having same problem, along with my husband. Took my ipad and iphone and showed the genius and he said if it keeps happening, bring mac mini in along with ipad and iphone so they can troubleshoot. Seems like a lot of work to fix something that started happening all of a sudden, no changes in email addresses or phone numbers to either phone or ipad.

Jul 27, 2012 6:22 PM in response to kristin.

Here is how I fixed mine. I have 2 MacBooks and and iPhone. On the Messages app on the MacBooks I went to Preferences>accounts and disabled them. I then quit the application. Next I went to ~/library/messages and deleted everything in there. I then re-opened the messages app and re-enabled my iMessage account. All is well now.

iMessage says not delivered (but is delivered)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.