Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Utility message said my disk needed to be repaired.

I was running disk utility before I downloaded and installed Lion, but I just got a message

"The volume Macintosh HD was found corrupt and needs to be repaired.

Error: This disk needs to be repaired. Start up your computer with another disk (such as your Mac OS X installation disc), and then use Disk Utility to repair this disk."

Which disk do I use - I have a Mac OS X Install DVD and a Mac OS X Snow Leopard CPU Drop in DVD.

How do I start up my computer with that disk?

Thanks.

iMac (late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPad ios 4.2, Apple TV (second generation)

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 12:32 PM

11 replies

Oct 14, 2011 12:55 PM in response to Trenk21

Hello

you do not need any cd to perform a disk repair / check , you need to start in single user mode

restart your mac , just after startup sound hold on , Comande and "S" key on key board togather until fall in comande line interface

type at cursor this

fsck -fy and validate by press enter key

then WAIT until the end of verification / repaire processus ( may take long time ) when cursor appear again

type at cursor

exit and validate by press enter key

HTH

Pierre

Dec 22, 2012 8:27 AM in response to Derrankyle

Derrankyle wrote:

i am running a raid "0" of 5 x 1TB drives and i configured it via the apple RAID utility , i used raid 0 because the OS can only see one 5TB drive rather than 5 x 1Tb drives

Then how come you keep giving the wrong advice regarding resizing partitions to other posters, are you trying to damage their installations, or just don't know how it works!

Disk Utility message said my disk needed to be repaired.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.