Currently Being ModeratedOct 22, 2011 1:37 AM (in response to HandofPain)
Hi Guys.. After i updated to i tunes 10.5, i tunes store(on a pc) had a blank page. I've almost crack my head to get it to work and until I stumbled on this solution AND IT WORKS. Try it.
On windows 7, press start menu, accessories, right click on command prompt and run as administrator. In the command prompt type at follows...
(wait a while....) then
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log
Thats about it...Enter every command ya... Restart ur computer. Hope this works for everyone.....
Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2011 9:24 PM (in response to rizalfromsingapore)
Actually it only briefly worked for me.
I decided to rolll back to iTunes 10.,4.1 (64 bit) and it works. However, since I upgreaded my iPad II and iPhone 4 to OS 5 I can't sync them in 10.4.1
Guess Apple is going to have to put in a fix. I have called them and tried everything to no success. So I can iTunes store with no problem in iTunes 10.4.1 (64 bit) but no access to the store (unless upgrades to Apps, podcast and account) in iTunes 10.5.0.142
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2011 6:51 PM (in response to HandofPain)
Im having exactly the same issue.
Tried contacting Apple and nothing works also got told that it was my computer not Apple - obviously not.
Ill go home and try some of the suggestions on here.
But has anyone got any ideas on how to get your Iphone to sync?? I keep getting stuck on backing up.
Its ridiculous, ive now pretty much got a basic phone cause after trying so many times Itunes then turned around and said it doesnt recognise my phone so i needed to restore it, loosing all new downloads that I had paid for but was unable to backup!!!!!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2011 7:05 PM (in response to Laura_90210)
I found out when I ran these reset command prompts, not only did it fix the itunes store, but it allowed me to back up and to upgrade to the new ios5 software, thanks!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2011 10:06 PM (in response to jayajoon)
I fixed it and I believe I found the issue. That is IF "rizalfromsingapore" fix does not work for you.
I believe the issue is with Internet Explorer 9.
1) I originally removed my firewall McAfee and also removed iTunes 10.5.0.142 and all Apple software (don't worry you will not lose it)
2) Ran CC Cleaner to make sure everything was clean. May not be a necessary step, but since I did it... I added it here.
3) Then I went to the Command Screen as an Administrator per "rizalfromsingapore", but only did the follwing command netsh winsock reset
4) I closed the screen, but did not reboot yet. Then went to Start then in the Run Field typed, shutdown -r -t 05 (to flush the cache)
5) At reboot I went straight to Apple's web site, downloaded and installed iTunes 10.5.0.142 (I have Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Addition)
6) Launched it to verified it was working now and it came up slow on the first page but it worked. Then once up it was fast hoping between movies, apps and so on...
7) Rebooted the computer again and redownloaed McAfree and installed. Checked iTunes again after the install of McAfee and it was good.
8) Did another Reboot and tested iTunes again and it now works great.
***Special Note*** I decided to upgrade to Explorer 9 and once again I was locked out of iTunes after the reboot. I was so upset and THAT is the issue. So do not upgrade to Explorer 9. It will block you from the iTunes store and hose everything up.
If you already have it then you will need to go to your Control Panel, select Programs and Features (to add, repair or remove programs) and on the top left .... left click, view installed updates. Find Internet Explorer 9, highlight it and click uninstall. This will require a reboot to go back to Explorer 8. Once back up then follw my steps above (1 thru 8)
Yup... one big pain in the butt.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 2, 2011 11:02 PM (in response to D528)
Clearly...there is an issue with the new version of iTunes that Apple needs to address instead of leaving it up to NIC manufacturers and consumers having to reset their Winsock in Windows and so forth. This is going to get old.