Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For John: my iMac accepted the flash drive when I plugged it in. However, when I try to save a pages document, there is no reference to saving to that drive.

Response to John: am new to using flash drive. It is the correct version and my computer recognizes it. However, when I try to save a pages document to that drive, there is no reference to it for saving. Only my hard drive seems to be available.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 7:16 PM

Hi. I suspect your flash drive is formatted with an NTFS file system (this is the default for Windows drives) and as such is read-only on a Mac. Try re-formatting on the either the Windows or Mac computer with a FAT32 file system. Be aware though that you will lose all data on your flash drive so back up first. Also maximum file size is limited to 2GB, is this a problem?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2011 7:16 PM in response to wsalem26

Hi. I suspect your flash drive is formatted with an NTFS file system (this is the default for Windows drives) and as such is read-only on a Mac. Try re-formatting on the either the Windows or Mac computer with a FAT32 file system. Be aware though that you will lose all data on your flash drive so back up first. Also maximum file size is limited to 2GB, is this a problem?

For John: my iMac accepted the flash drive when I plugged it in. However, when I try to save a pages document, there is no reference to saving to that drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.