Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad2 will not rotate anymore

About a week ago, my iPad2 stopped rotating. I have tried everything posted in the community and still nothing. I was hoping upgrading to iOS5 would solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Dell 720 XPS, Windows 7, Q6600 : 4 GB RAM : 8800GT SLI

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 8:00 PM

8 replies

Oct 15, 2011 3:27 AM in response to markfromuniversal city

I have checked the lock multiple times, believe me, its not locked (on the side) button. I move it to see the icon next to the battery life icon and switch it back - it will not rotate anymore.

Sounds like a trip to the apple store. I had this engraved for the wife, hate to switch this out but watching netflix while it's stuck in this view is not good.

Oct 15, 2011 3:30 AM in response to dustoff99

If there isn't a lock symbol at the top of teh screen next to the battery indicator then try a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

If there is a lock symbol then depending on what you've got Settings > General > Use Side Switch To set to (rotation lock or mute notifications), then you can lock/unlock the rotation by the switch on the right hand side of the iPad, or via the taskbar : double-click the home button; slide from the left; and it's the icon far left; press home again to exit the taskbar. The function that isn't on the side switch is set via the taskbar instead : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

iPad2 will not rotate anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.