Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Mac won't locate my iMac.

Hello Everyone!

So, I've set up iCloud and everything and I'm so happy with all the new features. The only problem I've encountered is with Find My Mac.

Here are the facts:

iCloud is set up

Find My Mac is enabled on my Mac

I am in a place where google maps are provided

I am connected to a WiFi network

And Mac is (obviously) on

So that's basically what the troubleshooting includes, but I don't see anything that does not apply to me. Yet, whenever I log in to iCloud and Find My iPhone all my devices appear, iPhone 4 is located on the map, but neither my iMac, nor my MacBook Pro will provide anything other that "No Location". When I log from my iPhone itself, I still cant see any information for my macs.

So, any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 12:56 AM

45 replies

Oct 15, 2011 2:22 AM in response to Chrisdir

Hi,

I had this problem too.

What I did was to briefly switch wifi off (then back on) whilst the ''Find my ...'' window was open. Then refresh the 'Find my...' and it appeared.

You can also try to send a message to yr macbook from the 'Find my..' window (it plays a sound etc). This also establishes the connection, it seems, and allows the Macbook to 'register'.

Good luck

Max

Oct 18, 2011 4:43 AM in response to Chrisdir

Same problem here.

I've tried resetting the Mac Pro (many times), and checked all firewall setting, also enabled wi-fi and disconnected the ethernet.

Interesting that a friends Mac Pro works with the ethernet.......

I'm on the latest Mac Pro, so I don't think it's age related.

I can ping the Mac with a message, and play the alarm sound, but just no location.

Bob.

This is what I get;

User uploaded file

Nov 2, 2011 6:53 PM in response to Chrisdir

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same issues. Find My [] displays my iPhone 4S and my MacBook Pro, but it will only display the location for the iPhone. For the MacBook Pro it just says: "No Location."

User uploaded file

• iCloud is set up
  • Find My Mac is enabled on my Mac
  • I am in a place where google maps are provided
  • I am connected to a WiFi network
  • And Mac is on

All my software is up to do, and I tried the switching Wi-Fi on/off with no luck.

Please help!

Thanks,

D.

Nov 3, 2011 1:14 PM in response to Josh Shep

Josh Shep wrote:

I know this may sound stupid but what I did was just disable firewall in Security & Privacy, I had the same problem before. But this fixed it for me!

Josh 🙂

I tried all that, and it didn't make any difference.

Oddly, the location of my iPhone is getting tempramental now. The iPad is the only device that seems to work reliably.

Bob.

Find my Mac won't locate my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.