I got my 16gb AT&T 4s on Friday. Worked fine till Saturday night. My phone too got very hot on Friday and Saturday when on the Internet or downloading my apps.
I did the hard reboot and phone worked again today for 4 hours, now nothing works. Got invalid SIM and just No SIM
I will go to the AT&T store tomorrow to see if that helps
Having the same issue with an iPhone 4S, 32GB black on the Telstra network in Australia.
1. After reboot, the phone is fine for around 30 minutes, then calls stop going through - incoming or outgoing. The signal bar still shows good service levels, but outgoing "Call Failed" and incoming calls head straight through to voice mail. Funny enough, data is still working ???
2. After another 10 - 15 minutes, service bar flattens out to indicate poor / no reception, but Telco network indicator is still present. At this time, web browsing fails, times out.
3. The phone will remain this way from anywhere between 10 - 60 minutes and then I get the "SIM Failure" message across the middle of the lock screen and "Invalid SIM" / "SOS Only" in the notice bar.
4. I reboot the phone, goto 1.
I have returned the phone to the store of purchase and they replaced the original SIM. This made no difference whatsoever.
I have also noticed the SIM lock seems to take a lot longer to unlock, in the vicinity of 15 seconds after PIN entered.
Also, battery is draining considerably quicker than any previous iPhone. I have gone through two full charges in one day. Maybe related to lack of signal and phone searching for coverage???
I just got off the phone with Apple Support. The rep acknowledged that this is a known issue, but they aren't 100% sure what the issue is. He did mention that this seems to mostly be affecting AT&T users. Here is what he advised me to do.
1. Bring the phone to AT&T and get a new SIM card.
2. Since the phone was purchased less then 14 days ago, AT&T should replace the phone. This is incase number 1 does not work or they dont have new SIM cards.
3. If for some reason, number 2 does not work (out of phones, AT&T won't give you a new one ((which the Apple rep admitted that some stores are just diffcult like that)) to call Apple support back. He gave me a Case number and said that Apple is standing behind their product and will send me a new one.
4. Check out the offical Apple forums for further advice and watch for an official Apple statement/remedy soon.
Hope this helps.
Ive been trying to fix an iPhone 4 with the no sim issue that most people mentioned (Vodafone, UK) and i tried alot of the methods, none worked.
I managed to get it to recognise sim card, and its been on full signal for an hour now. Not had a chance to test the device, as its halfway through setup (ill let the user do that, its not my phone)
The fix? I took out the sim card and cleaned it, placed it back in anv voila! It might not work for everyone, but just check if its clean. I was trying other methods for hours before I tried this, and it worked
I went to AT&T and got a new sim card and haven't had problem ever since.. I think AT&T might've dropped the ball on us again.
Putting a bunch of faulty Sims.
I dunnot how to take this but when she saw the Sim card my 4S came she said.. oh these are the OLD ones, you need this one anyways, and she brough out a different colored one, (Mostly White)
Anyhow.. my phone hasn't done it again.
Count me in. After working since Friday, my phone suddenly got the "no sim card" error on Sunday. ATT phone support basically told me I either needed a new SIM card or a new phone (gee, thanks). I got it wokring again after taking the SIM card out about a dozen times. This morning the SIM error was back.
I went to an ATT store and had a new sim card put in. The guy in the store said he thought it was a phone problem and that I will probably need to go to an Apple store and get a new phone. However, it has been working for the past coupe of hours. I'll post back if something changes.
I have/had similar problem to everybody else. In UK 32Gb black iphone4s purchased on Friday, put Vodafone sim in on Saturday morning, worked okay for a few hours then went "invalid sim". Off/On no change, took out sim, switched on tried to make call or send text then switched off again and put sim back in. Sim then worked. Had to do that twice on Saturday and once on Sunday. Now been working for 20 hours. I haven't transferred my number and switched off my old phone yet (blackberry). iPhone is going to have to work okay for a few more days before I risk doing that!
Same problems here in Germany.
Many users (all networks) reported "sim lost problems" over the last few days. T-mobile in Germany had a workaround that solved some problems at least (not mine unfortunately)
If you turn the PIN off it seems to work ok with most users.
I have dropped calls, lost sims (6 times in a 12 hour period) and rapid battery life decrease. Gues all those problems are related. And yes - the phone gets pretty hot.
I have a contract with o2 in Germany and I got my iPhone last Friday and I have the same problem. I went to get a new micro SIM yesterday and still didn't work.
I just got off the telephone with o2 and they told me I had to switch the PIN of the SIM off. Now it seems to be working. They told me that they are trying to fix the problem. It seems to be a problem with the SIM cards, not with the iPhone, so lets wati and see.