Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iOS Devices - No iCloud Benefit

I only have, and use, an iMac – no i phones - pads - or pods – Of what benefit is iCloud to me?

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 2:57 AM

16 replies

Oct 16, 2011 3:55 AM in response to Julian Wright

Julian Wright wrote:

has extremely limited use, if any, if you own 2 Macs (say desktop and laptop).

You don't consider the ability to sync contacts, calendars, notes, tasks and bookmarks between both computers seamlessly, for free, even slightly useful?

Not when signing off wipes calendars from the computer.

As I said, "extremely limited".

BTW, what "tasks"?

Oct 16, 2011 9:36 AM in response to Fabini

Maybe you should've mentioned you were referring specifically to the one aspect of iCloud that doesn't (currently) sync directly between computers earlier in this thread?

If syncing iWork documents is the only aspect of iCloud that interests you, then at this moment in time, using iCloud doesn't benefit you for that one specific task.

Personally, I think it's only a matter of time before Apple updates the iWork apps to sync directly with iCloud. The API's to allow it are there, I just think the application updates weren't ready for the launch last week.

No iOS Devices - No iCloud Benefit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.