On either of my devices (iPhone 4 and iPad 2) I cannot get my contacts or calendar events to appear correctly, both devices crash the contacts or calendars apps when I access them.
I first upgraded to ios5 and iTunes 10.5 (Which bricked my iPhone 5 times in a row with error 3012)
I then migrated from MobileMe to iCloud and all of my Contacts/Calendars are appearing correctly online at iCloud.com. However my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 will simply refuse to sync with the contacts and calendars...
My iPhone and iPad literally freeze when I try disable the iCloud services, I have restored both devices numberous times and started the iCloud service in MANY different steps. I have even used both my mac and PC to restore my devices.
I have been trying to fix this for two days now, I am extremely disapointed with iCloud, and I sorely wished I had of stayed with my MobileMe service. I initally thought this would be server contact issues, but there HAS to be something wrong with my devices, or sync services.
Surely other users have encounted this error, I would love to know the strategies used to resolve this.
I thought I might post here and update my solution thus far..
1. Restored my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, and did not select iCloud.
2. iCloud working fine on the macbook pro, so I exported my contacts from iCloud to the vCards.
3. Turned icloud contacts off on my macbook pro (iCloud calendars remained on)
4. Synced iPhone 4 and iPad 2 with my macbook pro
5. now my iOS 5 devices sync my contacts and calendar locally with my macbook pro
6. Turned on iCloud only for my email, notes and documents.
Word to the wise: Stay clear of iCloud, WAY too many issues, especially for MobileMe migration customers.