Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I have my App Store apps after upgrading to iOS5?

I just upgraded my iphone to iOS5. Before upgrading I created a backup in iTunes. After upgrading I restored from backup. All of the apps I downloaded/purchased from the App store are now missing on my iPhone User uploaded file Only the core apps that come preinstalled on iOS5 are present.

However, all the music, contacts, and photos that were previously on my iphone are still there (ie the contents and settings in the core apps have been restored). Also, folders that I had previously put core apps into have been recreated.

Does this point to any error I made in the upgrade process? I didn't transfer purchases from iPhone to iTunes when prompted before the upgrade, nor do I sync apps between iPhone and iTunes. I assumed all this content would be included in the backup.

Macbook Pro 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 5:35 AM

To answer my own question. Yes, the steps I took prior to upgrade were insufficient to have my apps restored after the upgrade. I should have checked sync apps in iTunes or manually transferred purchases from iPhone to iTunes prior to upgrade.

This thread helped with my understanding

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2681580

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2011 5:35 AM in response to opodder

To answer my own question. Yes, the steps I took prior to upgrade were insufficient to have my apps restored after the upgrade. I should have checked sync apps in iTunes or manually transferred purchases from iPhone to iTunes prior to upgrade.

This thread helped with my understanding

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2681580

Why don't I have my App Store apps after upgrading to iOS5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.