Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook contacts are not updating

Migrated from MobileMe to iCloud. If I make a change to my contacts in iCloud or iPhone, it doesn't update in Outlook. Any way to make them stay sync'd? Hitting Refresh iCloud had no affect.

Outlook 2007 / Windows 7 user

Dell 720 XPS, Windows 7, Q6600 : 4 GB RAM : 8800GT SLI

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 5:14 AM

4 replies

Oct 15, 2011 9:42 PM in response to dustoff99

I was having the same problem. I was not looking in the iClouds contact folder.

In Outlook I would always go to default contacts and it was empty (I have a fresh install of Outlook). I was frustrated because I was expecting the contacts to be updated with all my iCloud info. Nothing ever happened. I got to looking around and noticed on the left Outlook pane under Contacts header there was an iCloud bar that I had not noticed. It is under My Contacts. I expanded this bar and there they were, all my iCloud contacts organized just like I expected.

I did a test and updated an address on my iPhone 4S and within 15 seconds the Outlook version was updated.

The iCloud calendar was a similar "fix" for me.

So, when I first read your post I was experiencing the same thing as you and was dissappointed because there were no responses. Turns out it was working, I was just not looking in the right place.

Hope this helps you.

Outlook contacts are not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.