Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help Axiom 61 2nd gen w/Reason 5 on MacBook OS 10.5.8

Started using Reason 5 on my MacBook running OS 10.5.8. I bought an Axiom 61 2nd generation from M-Audio, which interfaces very simply and elegantly by way of one USB cable. Began learning how to use Reason's many sounds for live performances. Had DirectLink working to satisfaction.

All went well until yesterday when I powered down the Mac and transported it and the Axiom to my mentor (band leader)'s studio for a lesson in Reason 5. Suddenly Reason would not auto-detect the Axiom. It's listed under preferences in recognition of prior usage, but instead of a green check mark in the box next to 'Use with Reason,' there appears a red stop sign with an exclamation point inside it. Tried auto-detect and adding manually, to no avail.

Axiom's power-up switch is in the 'on' position, the cable is inserted (we've tried three different USB cables), and Axiom's panel lights are on. I can use Axiom's buttons to change the display, e.g., from cc messages to 'Patch 10' (the Reason support section instructs you to make sure the USB keyboard is set to 'Program 10'). Ground Channel is set to 1.

Before you suggest that the problem is somewhere in Reason: Ableton Live 8 Lite doesn't see the Axiom either.

Can anyone shed any light on this particular situation?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Reason 5 w/M-Audio Axiom 61 2nd gen

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 6:04 AM

1 reply

Need help Axiom 61 2nd gen w/Reason 5 on MacBook OS 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.