Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5 Upgrade Caller name not shown

After iOS 5 Upgrade Caller name not shown even though the contact is saved?😢

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 7:14 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2018 1:04 PM in response to Community User

I can confirm that 5.1 beta 2 resolves the caller ID issues. Everything is back to normal in terms of contacts recognition with or without country code.

It is just a matter of time for the final release to go public

Oct 17, 2011 10:29 PM in response to Community User

This happened to me too. Everything was fine til I upgraded to iOS 5! All my contacts have country codes as I travel frequently. The problem is when people calling me locally, iPhone can't match the numbers as the carrier does not send the country code. Example in Kuwait, I save numbers as +965xxxxxxxx. When I get a call in Kuwait, it appears only as xxxxxxxx and the iPhone cannot match it with my contact that has the +965. If I reformat the contact without the country code, it solves this problem but then I hit another problem with SMS as the carrier always sends the country code. The only workaround is to add the same number twice - one with country code and one without. This is unacceptable! Anyone know how to fix this?

iOS 5 Upgrade Caller name not shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.